Part Time Life Skills Companion
We are looking for part time Life Skills Companions for work in the community. Life Skills Companions provide face-to-face supportive assistance that enables our adult clients to maintain a home/apartment, encourages the use of existing natural supports, and fosters involvement in social and community activities. Service activities include: performing household tasks, providing instructive assistance, or cuing to prompt the participant to carry out tasks (e.g., meal preparation; routine household chores, cleaning, laundry, shopping, and bill-paying; and participation in social and recreational activities), and; providing supportive companionship. The Life Skills Companion may also provide instruction or cuing to prompt the participant to dress appropriately and perform basic hygiene functions; supportive assistance and supervision of the participant, and; short-term relief in the home for a participant who is unable to care for himself/herself when the primary caregiver is absent or in need of relief.
- Possess at least a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, DMV check, and drug test
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience working with clients with chronic mental illness and working with clients in-home preferred
Driver for Student Transportation Vehicle – Per Diem
We are looking for per diem drivers with a “V” endorsement to transport our clients to and from school and other appointments.
Requirements for this position include:
- Must have and maintain a “V” endorsement
- Must be 21+ years old
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must pass a criminal and Dept of Children and Families background check
- Must pass a drug test
For all positions above, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Mail: NCSS, 306 Thames St., Groton, CT 06340, Attn: C. Walters
Please specify which position you are applying for.