Part Time Administrative Assistant
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to senior management and assisting in daily office needs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Generating correspondence
- Maintain fundraising database
- Schedule preparation for transportation services
- Customer service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
Part Time Recovery Assistants
We are looking for part time Recovery Assistants for work in the community. Recovery Assistants provide face-to-face supportive assistance that enables our adult clients to maintain a home/apartment, encourages the use of existing natural supports, and fosters involvement in social and community activities. Service activities include: performing household tasks, providing instructive assistance, or cuing to prompt the participant to carry out tasks (e.g., meal preparation; routine household chores, cleaning, laundry, shopping, and bill-paying; and participation in social and recreational activities), and; providing supportive companionship. The Recovery Assistant may also provide instruction or cuing to prompt the participant to dress appropriately and perform basic hygiene functions; supportive assistance and supervision of the participant, and; short-term relief in the home for a participant who is unable to care for himself/herself when the primary caregiver is absent or in need of relief.
- Possess at least a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, DMV check, and drug test
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience working with clients with chronic mental illness and working with clients in-home preferred
Resident Advisors - Per Diem
We are looking for Per Diem Resident Advisors for our therapeutic group home for adolescent girls. Resident Advisors provide support and general supervision, oversee the therapeutic milieu and day-to-day functioning of our clients, and maintain a safe and healthy therapeutic environment.
General responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe, harm-free environment for all residents.
- Transport residents to school, activities, medical and counseling appointments, recreational activities, bus and train terminals and shopping excursions.
- Lead resident discussion groups to convey instructions, share information, organize group activities and resolve conflicts.
- Completes daily and monthly reports, critical incidents and assigned paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attends weekly staff meeting and participates in Agency training programs as assigned.
Qualifications: An Associate's Degree (or 60 college credits) in a human service field and a minimum of 1 years' experience working with behaviorally challenged and at-risk adolescents ARE REQUIRED. The applicant must pass a State Police Check, a drug test, a DCF protective service background check, and a DMV check.
Driver for Student Transportation Vehicle – Per Diem
We are looking for per diem drivers with a “V” endorsement to transport our clients to and from school and other appointments.
Requirements for this position include:
- Must have and maintain a “V” endorsement
- Must be 21+ years old
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of driving experience
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must pass a criminal and Dept of Children and Families background check
- Must pass a drug test
For all positions above, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Mail: NCSS, 306 Thames St., Groton, CT 06340, Attn: C. Walters
Please specify which position you are applying for.